LOCATION TBD (CHICAGO)
Class lead by Christopher Ray and Kate Lewandowski
Ever wonder how best to approach a frozen shoulder, injured shoulders, upper back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis/golfer’s elbow, chronic migraines, or texting syndrome? This therapy-focused class is intended for massage therapists (table or Thai) who would like to offer deep, permanent healing for chronic ailments. All practice will take place on the floor, and the approach is based on Thai bodywork theory, but these techniques can easily be applied to the table.
- Precise points and techniques to use for the shoulders and arms in all positions (supine, prone, side, sitting).
- Sen and Meridian lines that pass through the arms and shoulders. Learn how they affect or are affected by other parts of the body.
- The use and art of long compressions and the breath.
- Identifying the source of the pain or limitation and following congestion along fascial lines.
- Therapist’s body positioning. There are many ways to accomplish the same goal; we will help you find the most comfortable way that most suits your body. Comfort and ease are critical for maintaining the longevity of a bodyworker’s career.
- Shoulder and arm self-care to inspire your clients to maintain the health of their bodies.
Pre-requisite: Minimum 1-yr massage experience and an understanding of the regional anatomy.
What a gift to welcome back!… Passionate, skilled teachers: Christopher Ray and Kate Lewandowski.
Christopher Ray has been exploring massage & bodywork for the past 25 years, focusing on Traditional Therapeutic Thai Massage for the past 19. He has worked with many teachers in Thailand, and has developed a unique, masterful style of bodywork which is deeply transformative. Christopher’s 3 to 4-hour sessions incorporate long compressions and breathwork and have allowed him to explore deeply into how congestion and energy move and function in the body. He has also developed a unique strap system to use for hands-free support. Chris began teaching 12 years ago, sharing his detailed sense of body and energy mechanics, as well as his clear, heart-based approach to life.
Kate is the organizer of this Thai Massage & Bodywork team and has been working with Christopher since 2001. During this time, she has come to deeply understand and articulate Christopher’s unique massage skills which is an invaluable asset during the courses they teach. Kate brings her training and experience in medicine, yoga, breath awareness, and dance to synergize with Christopher’s tactile, intuitive, and healing skills. Together, they offer incomparable courses. You will leave inspired and with tons of new info.
Christopher is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider, and is registered by Thai Healing Alliance International (THAI) as a Thai Therapist and Instructor.