All 5 Thai Massage Therapeutics classes are taking place at the Chicago Oneness Center in Chicago. Each are 1-day classes. $175 each day or $700 for all five days. 9 am – 5 pm each day.
Nov. 3rd, 7 CEU’s
Our feet, ankles, and lower legs tend to be our silent laborers. We have 66 joints in our feet, and congestion in the feet and lower legs affects movement throughout the entire body. Yet, very little time is given to massaging feet. No one complains about painful calves until you touch them. Considerable emotional residue hides in the calves. Learn effective ways to clear deep and chronic limitations in the lower legs & feet. Help people rediscover lightness in their movement. These techniques are useful for practitioners working on either the table or the floor.
- The body mechanics of massaging feet. Feet can be awkward to massage because of the way they move or don’t move.
- Using your elbows, knees, feet, and props to maximize effect and minimize effort.
- The hidden ‘corners’ of the lower leg. How to clear layers of congestion.
- The use of sustained compressions & the breath.
- Therapist’s body positioning. There are many ways to accomplish the same goal; we will help you find the most comfortable way that most suits your body. Comfort and ease are critical for maintaining the longevity of a bodyworker’s career.
- Self-care techniques to inspire your clients to take care of their bodies.
Minimum 1-yr massage experience and an understanding of the regional anatomy.